Changing the default folder options
To change the default save path:
- Click Start > All Programs > Bluebeam Software > Bluebeam Administrator.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Click the Folder Options button.
There are three options to define where the PDF file will be created:
- If Source Folder is selected, files will save to the same folder as the source file.
- If Last Saved Folder is selected, files will save to the last folder that was used.
- If Custom Projects Folder is selected, you can specify a location to save files by default.
- Click OK two times to save the settings and exit the Administrator.
The next time you create a PDF through Bluebeam PDF printer, Bluebeam Stapler or the Office plug-in, the PDF file will be created according the Default Output Folder option that you have selected.
The Source folder option is only valid when PDF files are created using the Bluebeam Stapler. This is because the path of the original file is not passed from the application printing the file to the Bluebeam PDF printer. PDF files will be created in the My Documents folder when Source folder is selected and the PDF file is created using the Bluebeam PDF Printer or Create PDF within Revu.
The same Folder Options settings are available in the plug-ins for AutoCAD and SolidWorks, but the Folder Options for those plug-ins are set within AutoCAD or SolidWorks. The setting in the Administrator does not affect those plug-ins.
default folder, path, location